Yo back bloggin.
This is a mental note blog for myself anyway so who cares. As I listen to less and less rap nowadays I occasionally find gems out there. Here's an album I've slept on this year because I've heard some songs of it a few months ago and I didn't really find anything interesting, until now. Ghostface, Action and Roc Marciano will have to excuse because I think this is the album of the year. Most importantly I haven't heard Prodigy this dope since them early Mobb Deep days! I just went from really liking this album to consider this to be a classic. Albert Einstein is the new "Madvillain" I've waited for, the new "Supreme Clientele". There are no bad tracks on this and there are at least 4-5 classic songs. The whole album is produced by Alchemist who has developed incredibly as an artist during the years. Remember his first production album "1st Infantry", it wasn't bad back then. But that album is some fucking bullshit compared to the productions on this "Albert Einstein". Even better are Prodigy's lyrics - "I peddle dope longer than Lance Armstrong" is such an ill punchline P jokingly reminiscing his career. "Curb Ya Dog" is the 2013 "Keep It Thoro", a pure rawness banger. It's even better than "Keep It Thoro". Maybe one or two tracks on this gem I could have lived without, the Action Bronson collabo has maybe the worst beat on the whole album and a lame Alchemist verse (ALC likes to rap lately), that's just a wasted opportunity there. Still, what an album! I didn't see this one coming.
Classic tracks according to me: Give Em Hell, Curb Ya Dog, Death Sentence, Dough Pildin', Raw Forever.
This is arguably the best track of the album. My favorite beat of the album for sure.
This is a mental note blog for myself anyway so who cares. As I listen to less and less rap nowadays I occasionally find gems out there. Here's an album I've slept on this year because I've heard some songs of it a few months ago and I didn't really find anything interesting, until now. Ghostface, Action and Roc Marciano will have to excuse because I think this is the album of the year. Most importantly I haven't heard Prodigy this dope since them early Mobb Deep days! I just went from really liking this album to consider this to be a classic. Albert Einstein is the new "Madvillain" I've waited for, the new "Supreme Clientele". There are no bad tracks on this and there are at least 4-5 classic songs. The whole album is produced by Alchemist who has developed incredibly as an artist during the years. Remember his first production album "1st Infantry", it wasn't bad back then. But that album is some fucking bullshit compared to the productions on this "Albert Einstein". Even better are Prodigy's lyrics - "I peddle dope longer than Lance Armstrong" is such an ill punchline P jokingly reminiscing his career. "Curb Ya Dog" is the 2013 "Keep It Thoro", a pure rawness banger. It's even better than "Keep It Thoro". Maybe one or two tracks on this gem I could have lived without, the Action Bronson collabo has maybe the worst beat on the whole album and a lame Alchemist verse (ALC likes to rap lately), that's just a wasted opportunity there. Still, what an album! I didn't see this one coming.
Classic tracks according to me: Give Em Hell, Curb Ya Dog, Death Sentence, Dough Pildin', Raw Forever.
This is arguably the best track of the album. My favorite beat of the album for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment